Dating is hard. And it’s even harder when you don’t know where to take your partner. Do you go for romantic? Exciting? And excuse me, how much is that wine? Well, look no further, because we know exactly where you should go for a good time, without breaking bank.
- The High Line is a beautiful park stretching from Gansevoort St to 34th St, along the Hudson River. Don’t see it? Look up. The park was built on an elevated freight rail line in the early 2000s with the help of the community’s efforts to conserve the historic structure. Now it boasts beautiful gardens and numerous art pieces for the public to enjoy. Spend some time walking together and enjoying the natural beauty of the park, or have a seat and watch the busy New York streets bustle under you. After you’ve worked up an appetite, impress your date with your pizza sniffing skills by treating them to an artichoke slice at Artichoke Basille’s.
- Central Park What is the over/under on Central Park? ‘Cause we’re not quite over it yet. There’s no better place to picnic than at Sheep Meadow, where you can people watch to your hearts’ desires. There is an endless amount of people flying kites, practicing acro-yoga, sneaking beers, and you can be one of them! If you’re interested in doing something more active, rent a paddleboat at the Loeb Boathouse. It’s $12 for the first hour, then $3 for each additional 15 minutes. Gliding through a polluted pond with maybe definitely mutant fish swimming underneath you? Doesn’t get much more romantic than that.
- The MoMa and various other museums in NYC have free entrance on certain days. Many are always free. Museums are a fun way to show your partner that you like pretending. No one knows what a dead mouse glued to a pool noodle means, but that doesn’t mean you can’t nod thoughtfully at it and make a blase comment about the color choice of the noodle. Walk through every exhibit and give each piece a new title. Have fun, you lovebirds.
- The Press Lounge is one of many rooftop lounges and bars in NYC. Located just off the Hudson River, it offers a beautiful, unobstructed view of the city’s skyline. Drinks here get pricey, as they do. Each mixed drink will run you about $15+ and beers will go from $6-8. But for free entry to one of the most beautiful views in NY? The tasty drinks are just a bonus.
- Mystery Room NYC It would be remiss of us if we didn’t mention one of the coolest interactive games in NYC. What a better way to get to know your date than by locking yourself in a room with them for an hour? Work together to solve a series of puzzles and escape the room before time runs out! After, head over to Pioneers Bar to grab a cold beer and free popcorn!